Friday, October 13, 2017

Friday the 13th - Classic Horror

Since it's Friday the 13th I wanted to post a few things from the horror genre, especially because it's October.  Firstly, who doesn't love a good horror movie?  When was the last time you saw a good one? What you believe makes a great horror flick, is probably vastly different than what others think.  Right?  Right. Still, it's fantastic to talk about.

US & Horror Movies

Check this out....this on the United States of horror movies.  I think a saw this a few years ago, but I thought it was timely given the season.  You can't seem to turn the TV on now without a few of these movies playing.  Am I right?  Anyway, I wanted to talk about one of my favorites that I still like to watch.  Can you guess?

Source
Before we get ito my favorite, can any of you tell me where IT is on this list?  I probably would have picked that one, but I don's see it.  Am I missing it somewhere?  I'm at a loss... I wonder which others are missing? Let me know which ones you think should have made this USHM list.

Guess My Favorite on The List


Source

It may be a bit cheesy, but horror movies can get that way sometimes. Have you figured it out yet? Yep, this little move and its sequel still give me the heebie-jeebies  Why? I have no idea.  Remember the school bus scene in the 2nd movie?   What's your favorite horror movie?


Happy Friday the 13th Humor


Created by Alley Tretter - Source

This one cracked me up! I say "Mama Tried" to my 12-year-old a lot, in my thickest southern accent. He laughs. Speaking of my first born, he asked if he could read Stephen King's IT and I was like, uh...no.  I think he's too young for that book.  I know other moms that have let their kids read it.  What are your thoughts?
Enjoy your 13th?  Have a great weekend!

Mina B.

3 comments:

Tamara Narayan said...

I read Salem's Lot at age nine and The Exorcist at age 12. They both had some, um, adult content shall we say? I don't think any fiction I read ever had a negative effect on me, but every kid is different. My kids do not like movies or TV shows that are violent or scary, so I wouldn't recommend the books I liked as a kid to them.

Heather R. Holden said...

Ooh, Jeepers Creepers! Love that movie, too, although I haven't had a chance to see the sequel, I must admit. (I know, I know...shame on me!) Fun post for Friday the 13th! ^_^

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That's wild. Pumpkinhead was set in North Carolina - who knew?
I think It is a bit too much for a twelve-year-old.