Monday, September 22, 2014

Underrated Treasures Blogfest

It's time for Underrated Treasures Blogfest hosted by Alex J. Cavanaugh.  Today we're posting about our favorite unknown MOVIE, BAND/ARTIST, TV SHOW or BOOK.  This one was hard for me, but I took a shot.  Today, I'm only posting on movie and music.  I couldn't think of a good underrated TV show that I liked.  I don't watch that much TV so...  As far as book, frankly, there are so many books that are underrated, I didn't know where to start.  That said, here are my two choices.

Grosse Pointe Blank


I don't how many people saw this movie, but it has to be one of my all time favorite 90's films that I thought was totally underrated.  My husband and I watched this film so many times it was a tad ridiculous.  Anyway, I'm not sure how many of you are a Better of Dead fan, but those movie films are classic to me.  This one is probably the last film I saw John Cusack do what he does best, play the brooding guy (Martin Blank) that is stuck in an untenable situation.  This story line of a hit man heading to his high school reunion had me roaring with iconic actors like Dr. Oatman,  Martin's terrified shrink, played by Alan Arkin. This film also featured other spectacular actors like Joan Cusack, Jeremy Piven, Hank Azaria and Dan Aykroyd.




 


Grosse Point Blank Soundtrack

The music of the film was another underrated piece to this film.  Here's a sample of the track here, including an alternate version of the Violent Femmes, Blister in the Sun.  Check it out!



What are your thoughts?  Are you a fan of Grosse Point Blank?

A-Z Blog REMINDER!

I'm over at the A-Z Challenge blog today, being interviewed by the awesome, Alex J. Cavanaugh.  Please stop by!


Have a great week!

22 comments:

Madeline Mora-Summonte said...

I remember the name of that movie but I can't recall if I actually saw it. Sigh. The older I get, the more my memory seems to melt....

Madeline @ The Shellshank Redemption

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Happy to feature you today at the A to Z Blog.
Great movie! I just watched it again two weeks ago. Reunions really are that weird.
Thanks for participating in my blogfest.

Dani said...

Yes! That is a great film to advertise for. I really enjoyed it.
I really loved the feature of you over at A to Z!

Jackie said...

I haven't watched this movie, but the soundtrack has some awesome artists on it! I hope this flick is on Netflix, so I can see it.

Sarah Foster said...

I haven't seen Grosse Point Blank yet, but it's on Netflix so I've been meaning to check it out. Definitely adding to my list!

J.L. Campbell said...

Not familiar with this one at all, Mina,

Anonymous said...

Hi, Mina. I haven't seen this movie. Thanks for sharing about it and the soundtrack for the Underrated Treasures Blogfest.

Cynthia said...

Thanks for sharing your picks, Mina. It's true that there are so many books out there that are underrated.

S. L. Hennessy said...

I LOVED that movie Mina! Great choice, as always.

Margo Kelly said...

OH I forgot about that movie! Thanks for the reminder. Now I want to watch it again. :)

Chrys Fey said...

I've never seen Grosse Pointe Blank, but I do like John Cusack's movies.

Congrats on the interview! :)

Susan Gourley/Kelley said...

Didn't know what that movie was about. John Cusack is underrated as an actor.

Arlee Bird said...

I did see Grosse Point Blank, but like most movies I don't remember anything about it. Guess I could watch it again.

Lee
Tossing It Out

mshatch said...

I've heard of this movie but I had no idea it was a comedy. I believe I'll add it to my TBW list :)

Thanks!

SpacerGuy said...

I know I've watched Grosse Point Blank, I just can't remember the juicy details. The movies got a treasure of cool actors so I'll have to re watch this one..

Elise Fallson said...

Oh I remember wanting to see that movie when it came out but I don't think I ever did because I can't remember the plot. Anyway, watched the trailer and looks like I'm going to watch it now. :)

Loni Townsend said...

I haven't seen the movie, but it strikes me humorous that this is the third or fourth John Cusack movie that's made people's lists. Guess he's a really underrated actor!

Mike said...

Thanks for posting, I might have to search this one out

Stephanie Faris said...

I saw that in the theater right before my 10-year reunion. It was funny--both that one and "Romy and Michelle's High School Reunion" came out right before my own reunion. It was like they were reading my mind. I made my husband watch Grosse Pointe Blank a few years ago...he still quotes that line: "You can't go home, but apparently you can shop there." (Probably not verbatim, but it sounds good that way!)

Shannon Lawrence said...

I love Grosse Point Blank! Amusing and clever. It's been awhile since I watched it, though.

Unknown said...

Off to check your interview on the AZ blog! Been traveling, so missed it.

J Lenni Dorner said...

Ahh yup- that was a good movie. I remember it.