Thursday, April 19, 2012

A-Z Challenge: "Q" is for Queen Elinor

The A-Z Challenge continues with the letter "Q." I've discussed several characters this month and this time, I'd like to feature a new character,"Queen Elinor" from Disney & Pixar's upcoming animated movie, Brave.

Disney & Pixar's character overview of the queen mother is as follows:

A vision of grace, wisdom and strength of character, Queen Elinor is fiercely dedicated to the well being of her familiy and kingdom.  As the measured, diplomatic counterpoint to her more impulsive husband, King Fergus, Elinor carries the weight of the kingdom on her shoulders.


And if you think for a moment that this mother has it made, take a look at her defiant, but magnificent daughter, Merida.


Being a mother of two, I always keep my eye out for animated movies that have heart. This mystical tale deals with family, witches and beastly curses.  Sounds fun, huh?  This one is on my must-see list this summer.  Brave hits theaters June 22nd. 

What do you think? Does it look interesting? Do you like Queen Elinor?

Mina B.



15 comments:

Dani said...

My daughter's wants to watch this. I mean all of my kids want to watch this but my daughter's are the only ones to admit it.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

The movie looks great!

Jessica Marcarelli said...

I just finished watching a trailer for this. Looks like so much fun! I do hope that they don't turn it into a "boys suck" movie, though. It always makes me a little sad when they do that.

Jessica
A to Z Blogger & SF/Fantasy Writer @ Visions of Other Worlds

S. L. Hennessy said...

I'm dying to see this! This and Paranorman look amazing!

Unknown said...

Aaaaaah! That trailer looks awesome! Hadn't heard of this movie, so thanks for letting me know :-)

Scarlett said...

I can't WAIT to see this movie! I love a kicka** hero, especially Pixar's first Scott princess! The fact that she has wild, curly red locks and that fiery lilt to her voice, simply makes me swoon over the possibilities.

DonnaGalanti said...

Cant wait to see it! I love all things Pixar. Fell in love with Tangled...and hope this is a new one to fall in love with.

Elise Fallson said...

I think I want to see this movie more than my kids.

michelle said...

I'm not really a movie person, but I've watched quite a few animated movies and this one sounds great!

Cecilia Robert said...

Oh, I haven't heard of this one yet. mmh maybe it's cos I'm on the other end of the world still needs time..LOL.. I love it, love it! I'll be shooting for my own hand..lol.. nice. I love Merida already!

Cynthia said...

Looks great a fun mother/daughter movie. All that bow and arrow action made me think of The Hunger Games, for some reason, but I'm sure this movie would be much tamer and less bloody than THG.

Georgina Morales said...

I can't wait to see this movie, my girls keep talking about it. =)

Nice post.
From Diary of a Writer in Progress

Unknown said...

It does! And I have a lot of animated movies to look forward to over the next few years, not bad, just something to get used to.

Anonymous said...

It's been awhile since I've seen an animated movie. I'd like to see this, though.

Rhonda Parrish said...

LOL I can't tell enough about the mother from that trailer to know how much I like her, but I'm a fan of the daughter ;)

~ Rhonda Parrish